You must first unlock your account before you're eligible to sell Civil tokens.
To sell Civil tokens (CVL), you must exchange them for Ether (ETH) and then you will be able to sell ETH for USD or local currencies at an exchange like Coinbase. You can’t sell Civil tokens directly for USD or local currencies – currencies need to be converted into ETH first.
A small fee (0.3%) will be taken out of the transaction by liquidity providers through Uniswap, which is a third-party website facilitating secondary market sales and purchases. Visit Uniswap for more information.
First, you're logged into your Civil account and connect your cryptocurrency wallet like MetaMask. You must complete the Civil Tutorial before you're eligible to buy and sell Civil tokens.
- Navigate to “My Dashboard” on the upper right of the navigation bar
- Click on Buy or Sell CVL button, located on the dashboard
- Navigate to the Sell tab
- Enter the amount of CVL you'd like to sell for ETH
- Click Estimate Proceeds button
- Open MetaMask to approve the exchange to sell your CVL.
- Then, click on Complete Sale to confirm in MetaMask.
- Once you've successfully sold your Civil tokens, the ETH amount should appear in your MetaMask or hardware wallet.