Once the poll closes, the challenge results are revealed to the community. As part of the Civil's Registry's system of checks and balances, the Civil community has a period of 5 days to appeal a vote that they feel is biased and/or in violation of the Civil Constitution.
Requesting an appeal to the Civil Council requires filling out a request form and a new deposit of Civil tokens of 5,000.00 CVL. The Civil Council will have two weeks to rule on the appeal.
To request an appeal, you must take these steps:
- Log in to your Civil account and connect your wallet. Make sure you have at least 5,000 CVL in your wallet.
- Go to the Newsroom's page on the Civil Registry
- Then, click on the “Request an appeal” button located in the “ballot” panel on the right side of the page.
- Fill out the Request to Appeal Statement form:
- You must provide evidence to make your case. These may include quotes, links to images and documents. (Please note that we can not store your images/documents. We recommend using your chosen services like Dropbox or Google docs from which to link your evidence.)
- You must cite principles in the Civil Constitution that you believe the Newsroom has violated
- You must deposit Civil tokens equals to the amount of Newsroom's deposit (5,000 CVL) to this appeal.
- Confirm your transactions with MetaMask, which will open in a separate window.
Please be aware that MetaMask transactions may take a few minutes depending on network traffic, and will include additional gas fees. Once MetaMask transactions go through, you should see a confirmation screen that the request to appeal is submitted. The Civil Council has 14 days to review your case.
- Add the event to calendar to get reminders for when the Civil Council announce their decision.